Friday 28 June 2013

I hate salmon


A few months back I went on a pescaterian venture. The only form of animal protein i consumed was seafood. As a true island girl, I love all seafood with the exception of salmon and lobster (sigh, yes I said lobster, hate it!!!). For some reason the flavor of salmon is so strong and over powering I tend to eat very small pieces of it or none at all.

I decided it was time to get over it. Salmon is a great source of protein and omega 3's, so I needed to find a way to cook it and enjoy it. So in my usual ad-hoc manner, I raided the kitchen fridge and pantry to put together some simple ingredients to make a yummy salmy.

Simple is always key with fish, so I knew I didn't want 1000 ingredients. I decided grilling was the best method, give great flavor (not to mention I loveeeeeeee to grill). I had some soy sauce, honey, white wine, shallots, garlic, mixed in with some fresh herbs, figured these would make for a nice savory sauce.




(Printable Recipe)

Ingredients

4 pcs Salmon fillets seasoned with
1 tsp. black pepper
1tsp  salt
1 tbsp. oil

Sauce
2 tbsp. butter
1 Shallot chopped
2 cloves garlic sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp. Soy sauce
2 tbsp. Honey
1 cup White wine (red may also be used)
1/2 cup Parsley
1 tsp. Black pepper
1tsp salt (optional if you find the sauce more on the sweet side)




Needless to say, I no longer hate salmon





Oohhh and the pescaterian thing, lasted two months

Xoxo Greedygirl