Friday 5 May 2017

Curry Chicken Salad



Rotisserie revamp!


Store bought rotisserie revamp 2: Chicken salad

There is absolutely nothing easier than making a chicken salad with left over rotisserie chicken. It’s probably the best use of the meat if you ask me. It adds moisture, tons of flavor and truly transforms it into a totally different dish.

A few years ago I did a home meal delivery service and my favorite item was a curry chicken salad with raisins. I would request it every week and have it for lunch. That was the first time I had ever seen raisins in a chicken salad. This was way back in like 2008 or 2009. I don’t think I have omitted raisins from a chicken salad since then. This is a very flavorful, fresh, crunchy, yummy dish. Especially when you make it into a sandwich with some hard dough bread and a side of chips…magical.

I use a mix of the light and dark meat to make my chicken salads. If your chicken is extremely tender you can shred the meat, but generally I prefer then in small cubes. One thing I would suggest is use cold chicken. I am partial to cold chicken salad rather than room temp. So I always chill my chicken meat and add it to the dressing cold so it can be eaten immediately. Store the rest in the refrigerator for about a week. I wouldn’t go into two weeks. But generally speaking if you have a house full of chicken salad lovers, chances are it won’t last a week.





1 small carrot finely chopped
2 celery stalks finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
¼ cup chopped scallion
¼ cup chopped raisins
1 garlic clove
¼ teaspoon chopped hot pepper
1 tablespoon shredded ginger
1 cup mayonnaise
1 ½ tablespoon curry powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon vinegar
2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken meat a mix of dark and light






Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment