Friday 26 May 2017

Rotisserie chicken and cheese Hoddeok


Rotisserie revamp!


Store bought rotisserie revamp 7: Rotisserie chicken and cheese hoddeok
This is the last recipe for rotisserie chicken month. Hoddeok is a yeast dough filled with sugar, nuts and cinnamon then pan fried. When fried the sugar and cinnamon melt on the inside leaving you with a sweet gooey filling and crunchy nuts. That’s how its normally done. Today I decided to revamp it and add chicken and cheese to the mix.

I have been so busy these past few weeks. I had to make a host of recipes before I had to travel for my brothers wedding. This was the last video recipe I made before I left Jamaica. I had every intention of making two more rotisserie chicken recipes for the month but listen, when you have a house full of family and wedding perpetration its quite hard to do blog posts. So I am very glad that I had done this one prior to post.

 It was relatively easy to make and the dough was perfection. It’s a delicious snack, very flavorful. The only thing I wish I did was ad a bit more cheese.  I was worried that if there was too much filling added it would burst out. So I did the little that I could and got a big flavor pay off. Slightly sweet, salty cheese, it was pretty yummy.





Ingredients (printable recipe)

Coconut oil for frying
Dough
2 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 packs yeast
1 tbls oil
2 tbls sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
Filling
¼ cup onion
¼ cup scallion
½ cup rotisserie chicken light and dark meat
1 tablespoon honey
1 garlic clove shredded
¼ cup pepper jack cheese





Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment