Tuesday 30 May 2017

Sticky Pineapple rosemary drumsticks



My Dinner

I really had no idea what to do for this month of recipes. However I cook dinner 3 to 4 even 5 times a week most weeks. So I figure I will blog whatever I cook for dinner. So this month I am posting whatever I cook for dinner so you can cook it for your dinner too. Now let me just warn you, I am the easy dinner queen. I want full flavor with little effort.


For dinner today we had Sticky rosemary pineapple drumsticks. Why pineapple? because I had a box of pineapple juice that was almost done. Why rosemary? because it’s the only herb I had. To make this your own, you can use any juice you decide. Let say you have apple juice or orange juice and no pineapple juice, use what you have.  Let say you have some ginger and no rosemary you could do pineapple ginger, you could do apple cinnamon, you could do orange pineapple with lemon zest, honestly the possibilities for this super easy baked chicken are endless.


Remember it’s all about what easiest for you to whip up for a week night dinner. What I like to do when I purchase the chicken, is season them all up at once. You may not necessarily need 10 drumsticks and you may need more. Once they are seasoned and marinated then you can freeze them and have them ready for any time you want a quick meal. Take out a bag of frozen seasoned drumstick and place in the refrigerator go to work and by the time you get back it will be defrosted. Preheat the oven and go to town. I cooked mine with a pot of coconut white rice. 



Ingredients (printable recipe)

10 Drumstick
1 ½  teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
1 tablespoon Smoked paprika
1 tablespoon Onion powder
1 teaspoon Sugar
Glaze
¼ cup honey
¼ cup pineapple juice
4 sprigs rosemary
1 pinch salt

Instructions

  • Season drumsticks with salt black pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder and sugar
  • Mix thoroughly and marinate for at least an hour
  • In a bowl mix the honey, pineapple juice, salt and rosemary
  • Heat an oven to 475 degree
  • Place the seasoned drumsticks on a lined baking sheet
  • Bake in the oven 10 minutes per side it will get golden dark brown
  • Once they are browned reduce the heat to 350 degrees
  • Baste the drumsticks with the rosemary continuously for another 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size of the drumsticks. Larger drumsticks will take longer to cook
  • Make sure to use the basting brush and get all the caramelized juices that had dripped unto the baking sheet, this is what make them sticky.
  • 45 minutes of cooking should cook the drumsticks completely to an internal temp of 165-170 degrees










Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment