Friday 9 June 2017

Boozy Java grilled shrimp skewers


My Dinner


Its time for a shrimp dinner. I think my husband was getting tired of chicken and fish. He loves shrimp, but loves it fried. I decided to go a healthier route to get the best of both worlds. Grilled shrimp is another great easy dinner idea. And putting them on skewers makes your life even easier.


The idea for this recipe came while filming. I knew I wanted to do shrimp because I always have a bag of shrimp on hand for the days when I want a very easy meat to cook for dinner. Shrimp takes about 3 minutes per side to cook. However, I was undecided about the flavors I was going for. I opened the cupboard and remembered a pack of java salt I had purchased last year and never used from Whole foods Market. If you have never heard of Java salt, It’s just ground coffee beans and salt. Very earthy and Smokey flavors with a nice salty kick. If you don’t have java salt just use regular salt with a bit of coffee. 

Now for the blueberry vodka, that I just threw in there just because. I have had that bottle in our cupboard for a few months with the last drop left so I figured why not just throw it in the shrimp and hope for the best. It added a fresh fruity undertone to the predominantly Smokey charred flavors. Over all a really yummy shrimp recipe that I would make again.




Ingredients (printable recipe)

1lb shrimp peeled deveined tail on
¼ teaspoon White pepper
1 tablespoon java salt
1 ½  teaspoon smoked paprika
4 tablespoon blueberry vodka
1 ½ teaspoon oil
1 tablespoon honey


Greedy tips: If you use wooden skewers make sure to soak them very well before grilling. This lengthens the time they can stay on the heat without burning too severely. 





Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment