Friday 2 June 2017

Sesame garlic fish nuggets



My Dinner


How about we have some fish. Light crispy deep-fried fish tossed in a sweet garlic sauce. I call these fish nuggets. Delicious dinner option when you are tired of chicken. This fish is full of Asian flavors, a melting pot of garlic, sesame seeds, green onions and honey. Serve this with some fried rice and that’s dinner.

When cooking dinner for my husband I try to switch it up. If he eats fried chicken for dinner on Monday, he has to have a steam or stewed fish the next day etc. I also never fry multiple times per week. So since this week he has not had anything fried and has been eating mostly chicken I told him fish was for dinner. I wanted to curry it but he wanted it fried sweet and sour style. I already have a sweat and sour fish recipe on the blog So I knew immediately I would try the fish with a different sauce.

We are lovers of Chinese takeout flavors, so sesame and garlic was what I chose to go with. Generally speaking, this recipe is really easy but not as set it and forget it as my previous post. For this recipe, there will be a thin line between totally burnt fish and perfectly golden, because you will be working with very hot oil.  I decided to cut the fish into bite sized nuggets for an even faster fry. I also opted against an egg wash because I wanted the coating to be light and crispy.

Can we talk about how flavorful the sauce is? It’s not very thick My original vision for this dish was to fry some whole fish. And spoon the sauce on top. But since its what’s for dinner and he wanted fish filet I just went with it. But next time I make this I am going to fry the fish whole in super-hot oil so its crispy on the outside and tender, and I’m going to make the garlic sauce a little more spicy, spoon it on top and serve it with some fried bammy.





Sauce
4 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
¼ teaspoon vinegar or fish sauce
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
7 garlic cloves shredded
1 teaspoon shredded ginger
¼ cup chopped scallion
1 pinch salt
To season fish
4 fish filets
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
1 teaspoon Onion powder
1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon Salt
To bread fish
¼ cup Flour
¼ cup Corn starch
2 pinch salt
Oil to deep fry
1 tablespoon sesame seeds 






Xoxo Greedy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment