Sunday 24 September 2017

Breakfast meatloaf sliders



"Beefy"

How often do we eat beef for breakfast? Depending on where you live that may be a whole lot, but in my family, not very often. We do pork sausages, bacon and chicken. The only time we will do beef for breakfast is when we are having dinner left overs. I wanted to do a recipe that was not a typical beefy dinner recipe. This is basically a beef breakfast sausage seasoned as if it were a meatloaf. Paired with all the yummy things you would expect to see on a breakfast platter.

When I originally wrote list of recipes for the month I had written that this slider would be on some buttermilk biscuits. Fast forward to when I’m grocery shopping for this post and totally forgot that was the plan and ended up getting a bag of dinner rolls. So, I get home open the laptop to review the plan of action and notice the words biscuit. I sighed and made a call to my sister who would be coming over to my house shortly. I asked, should I be lazy and use the dinner rolls or should I go the extra mile and make the biscuits (which I had no ingredients for)? She said go the extra mile, and I reluctantly did. I made the most basic cream biscuits known to man and they were divine.

When I make burger patties, I only add salt black pepper and onions. Or just salt and black pepper. This way, the beef flavor stands out the most. I always say if you add eggs and breadcrumbs you have moved from burger territory and into meatballs or meatloaf. I had some left-over ground beef from when I made my custom blend so I decided to use these to make some meatloaf patties.

The wholes sandwich was just epic if you ask me, the smoked curry oxtail from last week is the most delicious bit of the month and so far, this has to be second. I tried to keep the sandwich pork free but its breakfast after all.  This slider is just layer and layers of flavorful goodness. Let’s start with the carbs. The biscuit is slightly sweet then spread with a layer of garlic herb cream cheese. That is then topped with a steaming burger patty followed by crispy bacon. I then sprinkle some chopped scallion and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Then comes a lovely fried egg and finally capped off by the garlic buttered biscuit top. Hungry yet?

This was delicious.





For the meatloaf patty
1 lb Ground beef
¼ cup chopped sweet peppers
¼ cup chopped onion
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup panko bread crumbs
1 egg
Other ingredients
Crispy bacon
Cream cheese
Fried eggs
For the Garlic Biscuits
1 cup self-rising flour
1 teaspoon sugar
¾ cup heavy cream
3 tablespoon garlic butter melted

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 500 degrees
  • Combine flour and sugar in a bowl, add heavy cream and mix until the dough loosely forms
  • Turn out onto a floured work surface and form together into a rectangle
  • Fold into thirds (like a tri-fold brochure) sprinkle with flour and roll the dough to a half inch thickness
  • Repeat this folding and rolling method two to three more times
  • Fold into thirds a final time and roll again this is to create flakey layers
  • Cut into the desired shapes. Refold the left over dough and cut into as many ½ inch biscuits as possible
  • Place on a baking sheet and brush only the tops with melted butter
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes, the biscuits will rise and be golden brown.







Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment