Friday 13 April 2018

Cashew coconut cream pasta



M...eat...less

I have always wanted to try my hand at a cashew cream sauce. I figured no better time than the present since this month is all about recipes that are vegan and vegetarian. This pasta was really hearty and flavorful. A new favorite way to sue cashews.


Coconut milk and cashews is the way to get a nutty sweet creamy pasta dish without any milk or cheese. You can make this vegan by using eggless pasta or u can use your favorite pasta and toss the sauce in there. I used a vegan pasta made from chic peas for the video. Unfortunately, I hated the taste of the pasta. I prefer the taste of regular degular pasta for my cashew cream sauce.

Toasting the cashews is up to you. I find toasted but bring out the deep nutty flavor in them. Cashews tend to be on the subtler side, so I highly recommend toasting it for a nuttier taste. Overall the sauce is very nice, If you don’t mind cheese this would make a cream base for a cashew cream mac n cheese…worth a try!






Ingredients (printable recipe list)

2 cups salted cashews
1 cup chopped onion
6 cloves shredded garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon allspice
2 tablespoon coconut oil
2 cups coconut milk
Cooked pasta
Parsley to garnish

Greedy Tips

  • If you want a smoother consistency of the sauce and not a grainy nutty one, you can toast the cashews then soak them in the coconut milk overnight then add them both to the saute onions and spices then blend. 






XOXO Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment