Friday 20 April 2018

Coconut Cream Truffle butter pumpkin soup



M...eat...less

It always happens that the day I decide to cook soup is a cold and gloomy day. I had potato soup down to make but then I used the potatoes for dinner the day before. My mother had a pumpkin and I found some truffle butter in the refrigerator, a-las a recipe is born.


I love to roast pumpkins before blending them into a soup. It adds loads of flavor and it is super simple. If you don’t have truffle butter use any butter you like with a few cloves of garlic. This is a lovely vegan (not really) soup, so flavorful. Each ingredient really stood out on its own, especially the coconut milk. I find sometimes coconut milk in soups tends to get lost, but not this one. I purposely added the coconut milk last and did not cook it, just slightly warm it. It was a perfect balance of coconut milk, coriander, cumin pumpkin and truffle butter.

Everyone loved this, my mom and sister went to town in in and my husband had a bowl of it as well. I wasn’t expecting him to appreciate the flavors, but he loved it too, a recipe to stay.




3-4 cups chopped Pumpkin
2-3 tablespoon melted  Truffle butter
½ teaspoon Cumin (plus more to taste)
½ teaspoon Coriander
1 teaspoon sea Salt  (or to taste)
1 ½ cup Coconut milk (add more or less for the thickness you prefer)




Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment