Friday 6 April 2018

Pistachio Pesto potato salad



M...eat...less

Many are the ways a potato salad can be made. Like seriously, there are just too many options when it comes to potatoes. After all, I did dedicate a month of recipes to these spuds a few years back. And I can still come up with even more ways to use them. This is a very herby and flavorful potato salad. Anyone who loves chives and pistachios will adore this. And its vegan!


I am quite a fan of mayo in potato salad but this one didn’t need it. I was a bit worried that It may not be creamy enough, but it worked out just fine, especially since I wanted to keep it vegan friendly. My sister (who is the unofficial potato salad biggest fan) liked it very much. Once she had it and approved it, I decided it was fit for distribution to the masses via this blog post. Even my husband, with his grossly underdeveloped palate of a 5-year-old enjoyed it.

The wonderful thing about this potato salad is it can be had hot or cold. Since there is no mayo you are free to keep the potatoes hot and toss in the pesto. Mentally, I think a potato salad should be cold, but that’s just me. Had I kept my potatoes warm, I would have just mashed it all together and went for a pistachio pesto mashed potato. So in essence you can make this one recipe two ways; hot mashed potato, or cold potato salad, either way its delicious.




1 cup roasted and salted pistachio
1 cup chives
½ cup basil leaves
4 garlic cloves
½ cup olive oil (a little more if you prefer a runny pesto)
Salt to taste






XOXO Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment